Hello Again! Its Friday so let’s bake!
I have two cousins coming over to spend the holiday weekend with me and I had been ruminating on what to cook for these teenage ladies. Whilst my options on savory items varied, my choice of these caramel chocolate-chip cookies did not, and once you try this recipe you’ll see why.
Do not let the total prep time frighten you most of that time the cookie dough chills nicely in your fridge whilst you watch you favorite movie, go shopping, or even have a good nights rest! So are you ready for this super chewy, crazy yummy recipe? HERE WE GO!!
Makes 30 medium sized cookies
Prep time; 20 minutes
bake time; 12 minutes if using one baking sheet
Chill for a minimum of 3 hours
180g unsalted butter softened
135g brown sugar
50g Caster sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
one and a half tsp bicarbonate of soda
450g Plain Flour sifted
150g milk chocolate chips
150g dark chocolate chips
1 portion Homemade Caramel Sauce
Checkpoint; make caramel sauce first. And leave to cool, do not use hot or warm sauce as it will melt the chocolate chips.
1) Using the paddle attachment of a stand alone mixer, combine on medium speed; butter, and sugars for 5 minutes until creamy and fluffy
Checkpoint; An electric mixer will do the job just as good
2) Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for a further minute
3) Add the flour, and bicarbonate of soda and mix on low speed for a further minute
Checkpoint: SCRAPE, SCRAPE, SCRAPE down the sides of the bowl
4) Add three-quarters of your chocolate chips and all the caramel sauce and mix for another minute
5) Using your clean hands begin to create mounds of dough, creating 30 equally sized mounds of cookie dough
6) Place mounds on a baking sheet and place the rest of your chocolate chips on the surface of the mounds, to help make them look super pretty
7) Cover baking sheet in cling film and chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours, max 2 days
Checkpoint; Make sure you chill the dough, to reduce the risk of super flat cookies
8)Preheat oven to 180C, and place mounds on a baking sheet lined with grease proof paper
Checkpoint; leave room for your cookies to spread, at least 1.5 inches apart
9)Bake for 12 minutes in the center of the oven till sides have baked nicely
Checkpoint; If its gooey at the centre thats fine, leave it for a while and it will set out of the oven