Yep!! It’s Friday bake-day! And we are going for chocolate! These cupcakes have just enough chocolate to make a chocoholic high but not so much as to put others off. So let’s get right to it!
Makes; 20 cupcakes
100g dark chocolate
(Remember, Don’t bake with chocolate you won’t eat)
100g unsalted butter
150g plain flour
75g light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
60g dark chocolate chips
60-100mls of heavy cream (adjust depending on how runny you want the ganache)
1) Preheat oven to 180 C. Line 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases for first batch
2) In a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter over simmering water; set aside to cool completely
3) In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder
4) In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, combine the sugars and eggs, add the vanilla
5) Add in the cooled chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly
6) Add in half the flour mixture and mix followed by half the buttermilk. Repeat this step until all the flour and buttermilk have been added
Checkpoint; SCRAPE, SCRAPE, SCRAPE
7) Fill cupcake cases 3/4 full, bake in the centre of preheated oven for 25 mins, and leave to cool
1) In a heatproof bowl set over simmering water, mix the chocolate chips and cream until combined
2) Use one tablespoon to frost each cupcake
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Until next time!