Hello Again! It’s lunch time. Left over’s from the weekend have been consumed and it’s time for the midweek lunch switch. We will be cooking a simple aubergine sauce today. You may call it eggplant if you wish or garden egg, but whatever it is, this sauce is just delightful.
Feel free to switch it up as you wish; add some Mackerel to add flavour or increase the amount of chilli for some extra spice.
1 large aubergine
2 Tbsps olive oil
1 large red onion
5 large ripe tomatoes
2 sweet peppers
2 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp all purpose seasoning (I like Dunns River)
salt and black pepper to taste
1)Chop aubergine into squares. In a medium sized saucepan add aubergines to 500mls of water and bring to the boil on medium to high heat. Cook for 20 mins. Strain
2) Chop tomatoes and peppers, and onions
3) In another medium sized sauce pan heat olive oil on low to medium heat. Add onions, followed by peppers and tomatoes. Allow to cook for 3 minutes.
4)Add cooked aubergines to tomatoes sauce.
5) Add all the spices. and salt and black pepper to taste
6) Reduce heat and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
7) Enjoy with Your favourite Carbohydrate; This week I’m having mine with boiled sweet potatoes and yams. This sauce also tastes great with cous-cous.
Hope you enjoy lunch.
Happy cooking! You know Dami loves food.
Until next time