I am so excited to share some good news with you, I have been nominated for the ‘Blogger Recognition Award’ by Ufuo of Ufuomaee.com. I did not see this award coming, and it was the encouragement I never realised I needed! So, Ufuo, I accept this award, thankfully, and gratefully!
My Requirements for accepting this award include:
1. Write a post to show the award
Here we are!
2. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
Thank you for nominating me Ufuo! I did a little dance and scream when I saw the comment she left on ‘Don’t Swallow it’. If you guys don’t read her blog, head over there now! I have linked a post from her blog here before, but if you missed it, you can read the article here. Make sure you read her stories; ‘The Church Girl Series’ being one of my favourites. More grace to you Ufuo, may you continue to live for Christ and share His message worldwide.
3. Give a brief story about how you started blogging
I have always been a writer. Somehow, I discovered words at a young age and receiving and giving words have played a huge role in my life. I had always desired to start a blog as a collection of my thoughts for a long time, however, I was unsure of what sharing my thoughts with the world will look like. When I started writing articles for other online blogs the first article, Being Black on Bella Naija in 2013, I realised that I definitely wanted to share my voice, and improve my proficiency in writing. Last year I finally took the plunge and here we are today 197 Posts Later!!
4. Give 2 pieces of advice for new bloggers
Firstly, if you desire to blog, do it! Simply start, your voice will change as you go along and the more you do it, you will find your niche. Do not allow fear to hold you back from walking in your purpose. When I started blogging over a year ago, I just wrote about the things I loved. It was simple, effortless at times, and gruelling at others, but it has been an enjoyable and cathartic journey! It has been a worthwhile experience.
Secondly, network! I cannot stress this fact enough. I realised recently the power in networking. It links you to a great community of bloggers, like minded people, and mentors. I am definitely a rookie at this, but it is a skill I want to develop further, after all ‘People buy you before they buy what you’re selling’.Do not allow fear to hold you back from walking in your purpose. Click To Tweet
5. Nominate 15 deserving bloggers
- In the Midst of Her – Honestly addresses faith and womanhood.
- Nedoux – Stitching words in perfect harmony.
- African Cosmopolitan – Business woman, naturalista, and Evangelist.
- LivelyTwist – Sundays never come fast enough.
- Dr N’s Musings – The doctor tells all.
- Loved by my Father – The Proverbs 31 women personified.
- That girl Nicki – Joy in abounding Grace.
- Debwrites – Honesty never lies.
- Tendrils – In search of perfect hair.
- Oge’s Memoirs – Words that will make you think.
- Tomi Olugbemi – Born with a pen in hand.
- Journal Three Sixty – There is an article for everyone.
- The Journey of a Naked Poet – Poetry comes alive.
- Verastic – Vera, Igwe and Ada Verastic, what’s not to love
- The Queen Tonie – Purity is Possible.
There you have it, there were so many other blogs I wanted to nominate, but I am sure another opportunity will present itself.
Make sure you visit the blogs mentioned above and show them some love! I hope all the nominees accept the award and proceed to pay it forward! Many Thanks to Joseyphina who nominated Ufuo, who nominated me! Make sure you check out her blog!
Until next time! Dami loves awards!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!!