Caramel Sauce makes for a wonderful twist in recipes, there are two common methods, the one below, and the evaporated milk method.
125g granulated sugar
40 mls water
125 mls double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
40g unsalted butter
1) In a small sauce pan, add the sugar and water; allow them to fully combine on medium heat.
Check point: Do not over stir as this could make it grainy
2) Leave on medium to high heat until the sugar fully caramelizes (turns golden brown)
3) Take off heat and add cream slowly
Check point; do this off heat as the addition will cause the sugar to bubble up or splash back
4) Return to heat; add vanilla and butter and stir to fully combine
5) Leave to cool and transfer into jar or a squeezy bottle when ready.
This is so yummy and you can use it in a variety of recipes that require a Caramel Twist, add it your sundaes, cupcakes and cookie recipes. Simply enjoy the yummy goodness and thank me later!!